Pages

Translate

Translate

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Interview

Me: Mom and dad I first need to ask you a few questions about parenting and how you raised me and my sister. Mom why did you decide to have two kids?

Mom: I grew up with having 2 older brothers and I loved having other siblings around for company so I knew when I was older I would want to get married and have children.

Me: Dad do you regret not having more kids or did you know two was enough?

Dad: I love having two children because it is a big responsibility to make sure you and your sister grow up to be successful and live a happy life.

Mom: If I could go back I would have another child and I would want it to be a boy because we already have two girls in the house but of course I am fine with having two daughters.

Me: Do you guys like living in Mansfield or would you want to live somewhere else:

Mom: I love Mansfield but I wish we lived closer to the water because when I grew up I lived right on the ocean and I had so many great times in the summer being able to just walk to the beach in five minutes. I also wish we lived closer to my friends and family that I grew up with because I wish we could see them more often since your grandmother cant drive herself to Mansfield.
Dad: I do not regret living in Mansfield at all. I think the location is a prime spot and the school system is great and the community is very close.

Me: What are the challenges you face raising two kids?

Mom: I think the toughest part is watching you guys grow up. I already have one in college and you are close so it is hard to watch you be independent and do things on your own. As parents we can only do so much as you grow up and we can only hope you follow the path that we guide you in.

Dad: The toughest part for me is to make sure you guys are always safe. I cant be with you 24/7 so when I am not with you guys I worry because I realize that I am not always right there next to you. Its hard to see you guys mature but I know its something as a parent I have to do and understand that every parents has to let their child go at some point.

Me: What are some memories that you remember me doing as a infant?

Mom: I remember when you said your first word and walked for the first time. You always had the biggest smile on your face and you were the happiest child ever. It was so hard dropping you off to preschool for the first time and then watching you go to kindergarten, your first day of high school and now you are so close to graduation. It goes by so fast and but I still remember every detail of your childhood.

Dad: I remember going to your first basketball and softball games. Also I remember going to your first dance recital and watching you dance on stage for the first time in front of a huge audience. Just like your mom said it goes by fast but we enjoy seeing you guys become independent and watching you follow your dreams.

Me: Mom how do you time manage having kids with a job?

Mom: Well it takes organization and I am very good at multitasking. I can get things done and can plan things ahead of time.

Me: What are your goals for me and my sister?

Mom: My goals would be watching you go to college and pursue your career and watching you  follow your dreams. As you get older you get more independent and you get to make big decisions.

Dad:  I want to see you  get married and have kids so we can be grandparents. I hope you live a happy and healthy life. I want you to be able to travel the world and see all different kinds of places with your kids and I want your kids to have the luxuries that you had as a kid. But mostly my goal is for you to live a life filled with joy.

Me: Ok thanks mom and dad for your time with answering all these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment